Tuesday 16 March 2021

Manali

 If I can pen it down

Then it wasn’t that beautiful!


Yeah, it’s been a year!

And the memories are still fresh.

How can you forget something?

That already took your heart before you even came in their vicinity.


Those snow-capped mountains

Trekking to thousands of feet

Making our snow-man

Drinking from the stream, which carried water straight from glaciers

Bathing with cold water in the evening,

Even when drinking that would cost a sore throat.


Making a whole lot of strangers

Into lifelong friends

The ride of the van packed with twelve,

complete strangers,

And all it took was half an hour

To realize, ‘we were destined to be a group.’

Whether it was Charlie, Delta or two lovely sisters

The trip would have been incomplete even if we missed one.


It felt I met a part of myself.

Mountains, trees, streams, clouds, rain, birds, animals, they all are me,

We all are one

Sharing centuries-old bond.


It was doubtlessly heaven.

Cause my heart never felt that peace before. 


If I can pen it down

Then it wasn’t that beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment