Friday 5 March 2021

Till Last Breath


“I don't have feelings for you anymore,” he said

I was standing still
Couldn't believe what just happened.
That dream shattered
Pain too much to handle.

He was explaining
But what I had heard
Was enough to make me run away.

Tears flooding
My mind, too slow to assimilate
Every word was tearing me apart
Wanted to think that it was a nightmare
But it proved much worse.

Every moment came flashing by
Your promise
Your love
The way you used to say, “You belong with me”
Our first kiss
The day we met
When you wrapped your arms around me,
Yes, everything!

I wanted a forever
But I guess you just stopped for sometime
Before you can catch on another train.
I believed your Till-Last-Breath
But I forgot that you were a human
And they know how to betray.

No comments:

Post a Comment